Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

MINI-REVIEW: Results

MOVIE
Results

CAST
Guy Pearce, Cobie Smulders

RATING
R

RELEASE
May 29, 2015 (VOD/LIMITED)

DIRECTOR
Andrew Bujalski

STUDIO
Magnolia Pictures

RUNNING TIME
1 hour 45 minutes








STARS
**











REVIEW:

Man, this is an underwhelmingly boring film.  I'm not even going to sugar coat this, rather just get into it.  "Results" is a film that played at this year's Sundance Film Festival and stars a bunch of recognizable faces, including Guy Pearce and Cobie Smulders.  The movie pretty much revolves around a fitness center, specifically two people who work there and a guy who joins their program.  Romance and shenanigans ensue, but honestly, I never felt fully invested in what was going on.  Sure the acting was fine, but as a whole the movie is a simple concept that didn't have much depth to it.  Guy Pearce is a lot of fun to watch here, and there are some moments where I chuckled I will admit.  Unfortunately, I never got interested in what was being presented, and wasn't focused on everything happening.  This film is like a special kind of food: some will like it, others won't.  I happen to be on the side of the spectrum that didn't care for this movie.  If you do, that's awesome.  Me?  Well, it wasn't my cup of tea.





1 comment:

  1. I just saw the film and thought is was hilarious. The performances are spot on.

    ReplyDelete

Hello viewers of this blog,

Due to recent comments of spam and profanity present from obnoxious kids who think they are the funniest people in the world, I would like to request that the comments posted here are in good taste, meaning that they have no Anti-Semitic remarks, profanity, sexual innuendo, or any insults to myself. You can criticize the review and give pointers on how to make them better, but how about we be adults about this. Ok? Thank you, and have a nice day.

- Zach Marsh