Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2013

MINI-REVIEW: Red 2

MOVIE
Red 2

CAST
Bruce Willis, John Malkovich

RATING
PG-13

RELEASE
July 19, 2013

DIRECTOR
Dean Parisot

STUDIO
Summit Entertainment
(Lionsgate)

RUNNING TIME
1 hour 56 minutes







STARS
***







REVIEW:

Back in 2010, I was lucky enough to be one of the first to see, and love, the film "Red."  For those who have been reading my stuff since then, you may remember that I had "Red" in my top 10 of that year as well.  So it might not come as so much of a surprise that I was pretty excited to see "Red 2" from the moment it was announced.  After seeing the film, I'm going to be perfectly honest: it was a fun movie.  It might have had its flaws, including a somewhat weak villain and a lack of humor that the first one had, but I enjoyed myself and had a good time.  It might not be as great as the first "Red" was, but this sequel could have been a lot worse.

Everyone did a good job in the film.  Aside from Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, and other returning cast members giving solid performances, newcomers Anthony Hopkins, Catherine Zeta-Jones, and Byung Hun Lee are perform very well and turn in solid performances as well.  The story, while predictable for the most part, is enjoyable and helps get past the dialogue, which is sadly not up to par with the first film's script.  "Red 2" isn't the sequel that I personally would have wanted after the awesomeness that was the first movie, but then again, it could have been a lot worse.  Having said that, I would still give my money to see a third "Red" film if it potentially gets made.



PREVIEWS YOU MAY SEE:

Prisoners

Saving Mr. Banks

Rush

Captain Phillips

Ender's Game

The Counselor

Escape Plan



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello viewers of this blog,

Due to recent comments of spam and profanity present from obnoxious kids who think they are the funniest people in the world, I would like to request that the comments posted here are in good taste, meaning that they have no Anti-Semitic remarks, profanity, sexual innuendo, or any insults to myself. You can criticize the review and give pointers on how to make them better, but how about we be adults about this. Ok? Thank you, and have a nice day.

- Zach Marsh