Pages

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

REWIND REVIEW: Scary Movie 5

MOVIE
Scary Movie 5

CAST
Ashley Tisdale, Simon Rex

RATING
PG-13

RELEASE
April 12, 2013

DIRECTOR
Malcolm D. Lee

STUDIO
Dimension Films

RUNNING TIME
1 hour 26 minutes






STARS
**1/2








REVIEW:

I gotta be perfectly honest here: I am a big fan of the first two "Scary Movies."  They might not be great movies, or even great spoof movies for the matter, but they do make me laugh a lot, that's for sure.  "Scary Movie 3" and "Scary Movie 4" were funny in spots, but they didn't have the charm that the Wayans brothers put into the original two.  So the idea that a fifth "Scary Movie" was coming out not only seven years after the fourth one, but also without the series' lead Anna Farris, wasn't too pleasing for the mind in all honesty.  After watching the film, I gotta say, I laughed more than I expected to.  It's not a hilarious movie by any means, or is it a great film in general, but I was entertained and surprisingly didn't hate it overall.  The acting might not be great and the story is as predictable as any spoof movie can possibly be, but it is a funny enough film to mildly recommend.  Keep in warning, however, to enjoy this film you must lower your expectations and expect an incredibly stupid movie.  I mean, come on, do you really think that "Scary Movie 5" has the potential to be this year's Oscar darling?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello viewers of this blog,

Due to recent comments of spam and profanity present from obnoxious kids who think they are the funniest people in the world, I would like to request that the comments posted here are in good taste, meaning that they have no Anti-Semitic remarks, profanity, sexual innuendo, or any insults to myself. You can criticize the review and give pointers on how to make them better, but how about we be adults about this. Ok? Thank you, and have a nice day.

- Zach Marsh