Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

My Favorite and Least Favorite Movies of 2013

Another year has gone, and thus another successful year of movies has passed as well.  I've managed to set my own personal record by seeing 124 films that were released in 2013, which made me pretty proud personally.  Obviously I couldn't see every movie, so that means I missed out on films like "Dallas Buyers Club," "All Is Lost," and many others.  I do regret missing those, but unfortunately scheduling gets in the way of me seeing everything I want to see.  There can only be 10 films that can be declared the best and 10 that can be called the worst, so here we are now.  Just a little disclaimer, in case you didn't know this, these are all MY opinions, not yours, so please don't say something stupid like "you are stupid" or "your opinion is wrong" because those are just sad things to say.  If you want to know my reasoning for each film being where they are, here's my short answer: there are films that I liked more than others and films I disliked more than others. These are simply the films I enjoyed the most and enjoyed the least in 2013.  If you want a more detailed understanding as to why I loved or disliked a certain film on this list, feel free to click on any of the names, for they will direct you to my original reviews of each film. With that being said, here are my top 10 favorite and least favorite movies from 2013:



Dishonorable Mentions:






10. The Call

























9. G.I. Joe: Retaliation

























8. Broken City

























7. Only God Forgives

























6. The Starving Games

























5. Identity Thief
























4. Rapture-Palooza
























3. Bullet To The Head


























2. Tyler Perry's Temptation: 
    Confessions of a Marriage Counselor


























1. The Counselor





















Honorable Mentions:







10. Before Midnight



























9. Lone Survivor




























8. The Kings of Summer



























7. The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
























6. Inside Llewyn Davis


























5. Disconnect



















 
 










4. 12 Years A Slave



























3. Short Term 12




























2. Her

























1. Nebraska



























Well there you have it.  Are you surprised that "Nebraska" is #1?  Do you think "The Counselor" was actually a good movie?  Let me know in the comments below, and thank you for your endless support over the years.  Thank you so much everyone, and keep blogging.

1 comment:

  1. Strange, Only God Forgives is my number 1 film of the year. I absolutely loved it.

    Nebraska was superb, very touching and very amusing.

    ReplyDelete

Hello viewers of this blog,

Due to recent comments of spam and profanity present from obnoxious kids who think they are the funniest people in the world, I would like to request that the comments posted here are in good taste, meaning that they have no Anti-Semitic remarks, profanity, sexual innuendo, or any insults to myself. You can criticize the review and give pointers on how to make them better, but how about we be adults about this. Ok? Thank you, and have a nice day.

- Zach Marsh