Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

The Best and Worst Movies of 2011

It's taken me awhile to decide exactly what are my favorite and least favorite of 2011 because I really enjoyed a lot of movies.  My worst of also needed some work because I hadn't seen some of the panned films of 2011.  But now that I've seen what I felt I needed to see, here are my top 15 best and worst of 2011 lists for you to enjoy!  Let's hope 2012 can top last year, which won't be the easiest of tasks.
 

 

 
WORST:



Honorable Mentions

  • Beastly
  • Limitless
  • The Art of Getting By
  • Abduction
  • Arthur Christmas
  

15. Larry Crowne

 






















14. The Three Musketeers

 






















 














































 























 










































  
  

































  






















  
 










































3. Alvin and the Chipmunks:
    Chipwrecked




























  








 

 





















  

 
BEST:

 

HONORABLE MENTIONS:
  • Puss in Boots
  • The Help
  • Footloose
  • 50/50
  • Tucker & Dale vs. Evil 

 
15. The Adjustment Bureau














  


      & Incredibly Close
 























13. Crazy, Stupid, Love























12. Being Elmo:
      A Puppeteer's Journey
























11. X-Men: First Class

 
























10. Source Code

 






















9. Harry Potter and
    the Deathly Hallows Part 2






















8. Midnight in Paris

















































6. Super 8

 






















5. The Descendants

 






















4. War Horse
























3. Hugo

 























2. Warrior
 






















1. The Artist

 






















  

 

 
Any surprises?  Any comments?  Please tell me what your favorite of 2011 was, and stay tuned tomorrow for two reasons:  A.) it's my 15th birthday! and B.) I have a review for an upcoming release from this weekend.  Stay tuned, and Happy New Year!

6 comments:

  1. In Time wasn't that bad, nice top 15 list, but you need to see A Separation. The Artist is also my number one, it really is a wonderful film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment Myrela! Yeah A Seperation is opening in my area this weekend, so I'll try to check it out. :)

      Delete
  2. The Artist was fantastic, but when you can, you must must must must MUST see Drive. Good lists. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey mk, thanx for the wrap-up, i have to disagree a bit , larry crowne while corny/predictible,wasnt THAT bad, although i watched it on a plane , was so bored i would have been happy with anything...most of the other flix on ur lists i pretty much agree with ur placements ,,, and as it made # 1 i will def try to catch the artist on netflix soon ( is it on there ? )have fun ,,,go giants! (sorry) j

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great selections on both ends there, Zach. Have you seen Drive, Tintin or Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? I ask because these are my top 3 of 2011, and I don't see them anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great lists...Warrior at #2 was a bit of a surprise but I liked your choices. Your reviews are fantastic...keep up the great work!

    Mr. Bree

    ReplyDelete

Hello viewers of this blog,

Due to recent comments of spam and profanity present from obnoxious kids who think they are the funniest people in the world, I would like to request that the comments posted here are in good taste, meaning that they have no Anti-Semitic remarks, profanity, sexual innuendo, or any insults to myself. You can criticize the review and give pointers on how to make them better, but how about we be adults about this. Ok? Thank you, and have a nice day.

- Zach Marsh